- 1 cup all purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ cup unsalted butter, softened (sometimes I use vegan margarine!)
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg (or ½ cup applesauce, yum!)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 and ½ cups old-fashioned rolled oats (or 1 cup large oats)
- 1 cup raisins
- With an electric mixer, mix butter, and both sugars together. Once blended, mix in the egg and the vanilla.
- Add the dry ingredients and mix with a spoon until blended.
- Cover the cookie dough tightly with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350, and line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper or reusable cookie sheets.
- Make 1.5-2 tablespoon sized cookie dough balls. Make sure to lave some space in between, as they do grow a bit.
- Bake in separate batches at 350°F for 10-12 minutes, or until the centre is set and edges are golden. Try not to overbake!
- Cool for 5-10 minutes before eating or storing.