1/2 Cup unsalted butter, melted (I use margarine!)
1 Tbsp cooking oil (coconut oil, or olive oil is good too)
1 Cup white sugar
2 Tsp Pure vanilla extract
1/2 Cup Cocoa powder (If you have rich cocoa powder, use LESS!)
1/2 Cup All purpose flour
1/4 Tsp Salt
Handful Chocolate chips for top (optional)
- Preheat oven to 175°F|350°C
- Lay parchment paper in a square 8 or 9 inch pan. Or lightly grease.
- Combine the butter, oil, and sugar with a whisk until smooth.
- Mix in the eggs and vanilla for about a minute.
- Add cocoa, flour, and salt next. Stir with spoon until combined. Don’t over stir!
- Pour thick batter into pan and gently smooth top out. You can add chocolate chips on-top too!
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until the middle is set and doesn’t jiggle.
I normally make a double batch, like you see in the photos. This is a 9×13 inch pan. Cook for 22 minutes and then check it. If it’s still a bit jiggly, then I put it in for 1 more minute.